Jointing of HDPE Pipes
Very simple jointing techniques are offered for both Permanent & Detachable joints.
These are achieved by butt welding employing fusion. Clean, leak- proof and permanent joints can be made by following the steps below:
- Cleanly cut the pipes as required
- Remove fibrous material and chamfer inner edges using a rough file.
- Bring the cut surfaces together and check alignment
- Heat welding mirror to 210 degree C, bring the cut surfaces to be joined into contact with mirror.
- Allow weld rims to form
- Remove the mirror, bring the heated pipe ends together under a slight pressure and permit them to fuse together.
- Slip the flanges over the edges of the pipes to be joined.
- Weld the collar (pipe end) to the pipes.
- Bring the flange faces together and tighten with nuts and bolts.
QUICK RELEASE COUPLERS
- Prepare an oil bath at about 130 deg C. and immerse the pipe ends in it for 15 minutes.
- Use a wooden conical plug to flare the ends.
- Push the serrated portion of the nipple into the flared end and tighten with jubilee clip
These are ideal for projects which involve frequent dismantling and shifting, e.g. in Agriculture, where large areas are to be irrigated economically by using smaller pipe lengths. The couplers are duly butt welded and are readily available.